While we could talk about the endless benefits of blogging, newsletters, and email campaigns, I want to focus on this particular area because they’re a much underused, but seriously effective tool.
So what’s so great about dental e-books?
When used as part of your content marketing strategy, a well written dental e-book has the ability to take your business up another level. It gives you the opportunity to connect with your target patients and shows that you’re willing to educate your readers with helpful information that makes their life easier.
That’s all well and good…but the problem is, writing dental e-Books isn’t as easy as writing a blog post. It requires a lot more thought, consideration, and planning.
So now that leaves you wondering…is it really worth all the effort? Absolutely!
This type of long form content is hot right now and it’s important for any business to stay on top of their game by providing their audience with the content they’re currently looking for.
With that in mind, many are now shifting their articles from 500-1000 words to content that’s longer, more in depth, and above all, more helpful. E-books fit the bill perfectly!
In fact, according to one of the leading content marketers, just having unique original articles and blogs is no longer enough. The bar has been raised and at the very least, the information you provide should be as good if not better than any other content out there. Well…that’s If you really want to stand out from the crowd anyway.
You can find out more about it here.
Aside from that, here are 3 other reasons to add dental e-Books to your marketing repertoire:
- Educating and building trust – as long as your e-Books offer valuable information it should signal the start of a relationship between you and the reader. So all the while you keep providing them with relevant and informative content, they’ll keep coming back to you for more.
- They help to position you as a leader in your field – Because e-Books are longer it gives you a great chance to go more in-depth on certain subjects and provide real value. When you write a super informative and impressive e-Book, your readers will associate your dental practice with that knowledge. What’s more, when they come to choosing or recommending a dentist, they’ll remember you as the ‘go to‘ dentist in your area.
- Attract target leads – the whole objective of content marketing is quite simple: To attract people who are interested in your health care services by providing solid, quality information. So a dental e-Book is a great way to attract those targeted leads which can eventually end up sat in your dental chair as new patients. What’s really special about e-Books is that although they’re a powerful marketing tool, they don’t come across as a marketing tactic to the reader.
Still not convinced?
Okay well how about adding these points:
- They’re simple to create and cheap to produce; you don’t need a publisher or printer
- They’re engaging because you can actually get the reader to take action and interact using links back to your website or to your contact form
- They’re easier to distribute and can be easily shared online with other users such as family and friends who may also be interested
Moreover the real bonus is that e-Book consumption is increasing quite rapidly!
In fact, consumption of online content in general is at an all-time peak right now. In other words, people are searching for content more so than ever before.
What does that mean for you?
Well the time that people are spending on electronic devices daily is only rising. For instance did you know that as adults we now spend an average of 8 hours and 41 minutes on media devices a day….so we actually spend more time online than we do asleep!
All this means that it gives you a great chance to get your dental message out there in front of your target audience who are ready and waiting to lap it up.
So now, the next big question on your mind is no doubt, what topic should I write my dental e-Books on?
Well it’s important you choose the right subject. It has to be something you know well (which hopefully shouldn’t be a problem given its dental related) and of course it absolutely has to be something your audience are interested in.
Here are some ideas on how to pick your topic:
- Check through your blog posts to find out which topics are most popular as that would suggest what subjects your audience are more interested in
- Make a list of your most queried dental treatments from patients
- Out right ask your patients, maybe using an online poll on Twitter or Facebook
- Use your patient testimonials to create a collection of case studies
Whatever you choose, whether it’s a ‘Basic guide to better oral health’ or ‘5 ways to alleviate dental phobias’ make sure it engages your audience and compels them to take action.
Clearly then, using dental e-books for marketing is a super effective and rewarding strategy. Creating e-books can take time, but it doesn’t have to. Don’t forget, if it seems like too big a job then why not pass it over to us? The Dental Writers team are well-versed in crafting engaging e-Books and long form copy. Contact us now on 044 (0) 844 307 9127 or visit www.dentalwriters.com. For more details.